Wednesday, October 12, 2011

#1 BEING PRESENT

In class we have worked on the idea of being present in your movement in order to fully feel alive. Please reflect on creating your identity dance. What was your process? How did you work to create the dance? What were the challenges? Fears? Possibilities? Did you feel present in your movement when you performed? Where would you take the dance next?

    When I created my identity dance I wanted to be able to feel free. I did not want to do too many big movements to make it look like it was too much. I did not really have a process, I just let whatever moves were in my body come together. I wanted to create movements that I knew I was strong and able to move through. Some challenges that I had creating the piece were wanting to do certain movements but it not matching with the different moves I had already created. I think that I could of been more present when I started. I want to expand my movements put them together in a steady set.

No comments:

Post a Comment