Wednesday, October 12, 2011

#2 BODY CHECK IN

Take a moment to do a body check in both physically and mentally. Where are you in terms of energy level, balance, clarity, presence, etc? Is your body resisting change? How about your mind? How can you continue to develop and pattern your body and mind?

  The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of my body physically and mentally is exhaustion. When I dance I feel as if sometimes I might use too much energy or not enough because I try to make the movements correct. I think I could use a lot of help in my balancing and clarity of understanding each movement. When im in class it is definitely a lot easier to go through the movemnts when I am completely present in my movements and body. I dont think my body resist change, I think it has to adjust to whatever I am trying to change and takes a little bit of time. I feel as if when you start to dance your mindset has to completely change to be in tune with your body. I try to think about what movement I am doing and what is happening next. I think if every time I came into class I was present in my body and mind I would feel more connected with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment