Tuesday, November 29, 2011

#5 Readings Ch. 5-8

Modern II-IV – Read Chapter 5-8 in Making Connections
Discuss findings from the book. Highlight 5 areas covered in these sections and how it relates to your personal dance training.

  In chapter 5 through 8 I learned more on how to use my whole body, in chapter 5, they focused on the inner and outer imagery from the inside of my body and the outside and to imagine things that help me move my body. I learned about spontaneous image and self-teaching image so that I can use my arms, legs and body equally. In chapter 6, I learned that you have to be focus and be motivated to have the ability to dance, and that all of our movements come from our joints. In chapter 7, I learned that our joints allow us to move every limb and point of our body, and being able to rotate our joints and place our body wherever it needs to be placed. Abduction, medical rotation around the longitudinal and circumduction are all terms that are used mostly by our joints. In chapter 8, I saw that all movement does come from the pelvis, it helps you balance and create a good alignment. It helped me a lot to realize how much it takes to control your body and dance better.

No comments:

Post a Comment